The FIDE Open Tournaments support project has enjoyed remarkable success in its first three years. Introduced during the challenging pandemic period, the initiative was met with widespread appreciation from organizers worldwide. It played a crucial role in helping many tournaments survive and supported chess professionals navigate through those difficult years.
We have already received dozens of applications from organisers for the year 2024.
Today, we are excited to announce the 2024 edition of the Open Aid Package Project, taking place in the historic year of FIDE’s 100th anniversary.
Tournament organisers are invited to apply for the FIDE Aid Package 2024. They shall accept the conditions, meet the requirements listed below and fill out the application form.
CONDITIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- An application for the Aid Package shall be sent to email@example.com by 15 February 2024
- The Aid Package cannot exceed 20% of the prize fund and 10% of the total budget indicated in the application form
- At least 10% of the total prize fund shall be allocated for women’s prizes and at least 5% of the total prize fund shall be allocated for Veteran’s prizes
- FIDE may require the tournament to establish the lower fees (or absence of fees) for the agreed categories of participants (veterans, youth, women, representatives of developing countries)
- Mention “Financially supported by FIDE Open Aid Project” shall be visible on tournament’s media resources (e. g. webpage, social media pages)
- FIDE may require FIDE and its sponsors to be reasonably represented at the tournament
The Organiser is requested to fill out the following form (all the provided data will remain confidential).
IMPORTANT: If the provided information does not match with the real data, the planned aid package can be decreased of fully cancelled.
The Organiser is required to specify how exactly the Aid Package is supposed to be used (added to the prize fund, used for titled players invitations, other…)
- Events with the classical time control shall be prioritised
- Event’s history
- Event’s strength
- Geographical location
- Amount of the prize fund and its distribution
- Fair Play measures
The list of the selected Opens shall be announced by 20 February 2024.